Walk for Education
Date: Saturday Nov 28, 2020
Time: 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Location: Crescent Bay Park, 2000 Ocean Ave, Santa Monica
Next to Casa Del Mar Hotel
CEF Mask will be offered.
Social distancing guidelines will be Observed.
Launch and Water will be provided
All proceeds will support the CEF Financial Aid Program that helps various students with their college experience
Leadership and Community Engagement Competition
PROCESS & SUBMISSION
REQUIRED EQUIPMENT: Tablet/Smartphone
VIDEO TO INCLUDE:
- Your full name, grade level, email and cell#
- Name of the church you are attending
- Answer the question below: “Describe an example of your leadership experience in which you have positively influenced others and/or your community. What role has this experience had on your life and others?”
- Coptic high schooler
- 3-minute video that shows your leadership experience and how it impacted you and your community
- Submit your video to [email protected] or upload on CEF google drive: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/11sK_ZRy0fp8tEvg6QC7lwn-Bxsr895CDCU3h_Nw1n3k/edit
Videos are judged on the following criteria:
- ⇒ 40 pts for your leadership idea & its community impact
- ⇒ 25 pts for impact it had on you
- ⇒ 25 pts for creativity, production value and presentation quality
- ⇒ 5 pts for following CEF on Instagram and Facebook @copticedu
- ⇒ 5 pts for attending one of the following Personal Statement workshops:
- Sept 26th 11:00 AM-1:00 PM. Here is the link to register: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZElcOiorTgrHtesKJesLRkJhsvq8o4lrPP5
- Oct 17th , 11:00 AM-1:00 PM. Here is the link to register: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEsde-upzwqGtzeXaSc5dyo7V-vo_EEwlSX
Deadline to submit the video: Sunday Nov 1st, 2020
- Each qualified participant will receive $20 Gift Card
- The top 3 finalists will receive $600, $400 & $200
For more information or if you have any questions, please email us at: [email protected]
VIDEO RECORDING GUIDELINES:
1 Set up your recording space.
- Silence/remove intermittent noise sources (air conditioning, phones, fans, desktop computers, pets, etc.).
- Find a QUIET space with minimal ambient noise and echoes.
- Ensure bright lighting (e.g. natural, ceiling/floor lamps, desk lamps).
- Avoid backlighting (lights/windows behind you while shooting).
- Place your sheet music so you don’t have to look too far down while recording.
2 Set up your camera.
- Set up your camera to record in landscape (wide) orientation.
- Frame your video so we can see you from the navel up. Make sure your head is near the top edge of the video. Use a PLAIN WALL as a background.
- Change your video recording mode to Standard Definition (SD) if possible, or 720p at 30fps. Tutorial: iPhones Android.
3 Dress for your performance.
- Make sure your clothing contrasts with the background.
To upload the video: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/11sK_ZRy0fp8tEvg6QC7lwn-Bxsr895CDCU3h_Nw1n3k/edit
To attend the personal statement on September 26: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZElcOiorTgrHtesKJesLRkJhsvq8o4lrPP5
To attend the personal statement on October 17: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEsde-upzwqGtzeXaSc5dyo7V-vo_EEwlSX