The Coptic Educational Foundation is pleased to offer a Merit Achievement Award Program (MAAP) for students graduating from high school (i.e., seniors) and students transferring from Community Colleges to 4-year Colleges or Universities. Selection is based on both academic and non-academic aspects of student achievements. The evaluation criteria for high school seniors is based on grade point average (GPA), SAT/ACT scores, extra-curricular activities, personal statements, community service, and other aspects such as leadership and work experience. The evaluation criteria for students transferring from Community College to a 4-year college or university is based on grade point average (GPA), extra-curricular activities, personal statements, community service, and other aspects such as leadership and work experience.
Number of Awards:
Several applicants will be awarded a one-time $1,000 award applicable toward the educational expenses of four-year schools. This is a competitive award program. Not all students who apply will receive awards.
- Graduating seniors from high schools, or transferring from Community Colleges.
- Students transferring from Community Colleges.
- Accepted to enter an accredited four-year college or university full-time for an entire academic year immediately following their graduation.
- Active member of one of the Coptic Orthodox Churches.
- Demonstrated strong community involvement.
Attach SAT or ACT Score (only for high school seniors)
- Attach a copy of the “Letter of Admission” from the College or University they plan to attend.
- Attach a copy of your transcript/GPA and submit your SAT score.
Must complete the on-line application and submit all the required documents by May 31.
Awards and Selection Process:
CEF retains the right to change or terminate this program at any time. CEF is not responsible for applications lost, misplaced, or delayed through the mail or other delivery processes. Once submitted, the application becomes the property of CEF. All information is kept confidential.
Winners of the Merit Achievement Award will be notified by July 31.
For More Information:
If you have any questions, please call Cherif Youssef at 818-807-8505 or e-mail us at email@example.com.